I'm an assistant professor in the Faculty of Science (Computer Science) at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT). I am also the undergraduate program director for the Computing Science program. At UOIT I have started the Software Quality Research Lab which is part of the Computer Science Labs.
I completed my Ph.D. in the School of Computing at Queen's University in 2007. My Ph.D. dissertation research focused on using program mutation to compare fault detection techniques for concurrent software. I received a B.Sc. (Hons.) from Mount Allision University in Computer Science and Mathematics in 2000 and an M.Sc. in Computer Science in 2002 from Queen's University.
My research interests include empirical software engineering, software quality assurance, model checking, testing concurrent systems, mutation analysis, and the combined uses of formal analysis and testing. In particular I am interested in the development of new techniques and tools for better assessing the quality of concurrent and distributed software.
research keywords: software engineering, software quality assurance, software testing, static analysis, software model checking, bug detection, software metrics, empirical software engineering, artificial intelligence, genetic algorithms.
Conferences, Workshops and Special Issues
- The 23rd Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CASCON 2013) [PC member]
- The International Conference on Multicore Software Engineering, Performance, and Tools (MUSEPAT 2013) [Steering Committee member, PC member]
- The 2nd International NSF sponsored Workshop on Realizing Artificial Intelligence Synergies in Software Engineering (RAISE 2013) [PC member]
- The 8th International Workshop on Mutation Analysis (Mutation 2013) [PC member]
- The Testing: Academic and Industrial Conference - Practice and Research Techniques (TAIC PART 2013) [PC member]
- The 22nd Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering (CASCON 2012) [PC member]
- The 10th Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Systems: Testing, Analysis, and Debugging (PADTAD 2012) [general chair]
- The 7th International Workshop on Mutation Analysis (Mutation 2012) [PC member]
- The 2011 Fall Meeting of the Consortium for Software Engineering Research (CSER) [co-organizer]
- The 3rd International Symposium on Search Based Software Engineering (SSBSE 2011) [PC member]
- The 6th International Workshop on Mutation Analysis (Mutation 2011) [PC member]
- Science of Computer Programming Special Issue on Mutation Analysis [guest co-editor]
- The 5th International Workshop on Mutation Analysis (Mutation 2010) [co-organizer]
- Information and Software Technology Special Issue on Mutation Testing [guest co-editor]
- The 4th International Workshop on Mutation Analysis (Mutation 2009) [co-organizer]
List of papers I'm reading (or plan to read soon)
My grad course on development of conccurent software systems - contains a ist of concurrency-related links (languages, design patterns, quality assurance/testing tools)