About SAC-MUSEPAT Track
The Multicore Software Engineering, Performance, Applications, and Tools (MUSEPAT) technical track is part of the 30th ACM/SIGAPP Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC 2015) and will be held April 13-17, 2015 at the University of Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain. For the past twenty-nine years, the ACM Symposium on Applied Computing has been a primary gathering forum for applied computer scientists, computer engineers, software engineers, and application developers from around the world.
The SAC-MUSEPAT track addresses development challenges in multicore parallel systems. It brings together software engineering researchers, applied computer scientists, computer engineers and application developers. Multicore challenges covered at MUSEPAT include specification, design, programming models, programming techniques, testing, analysis, debugging and applications. The conference track addresses parallelism in a broad range of contexts: manycore CPUs and GPUs, clusters, distributed systems, mobile devices, client-servers and desktops.
Topics of Interest
- Software engineering for multicore (CPU or GPU) and heterogeneous systems
- Specification and modeling of multicore systems
- Programming models, languages, compiler techniques and development tools for multicore
- Parallel and distributed testing and debugging including noise-based testing, cloud testing
- Evolving sequential software to leverage multicore and manycore hardware
- Performance and optimization of multicore software
- Domain- and platform-specific multicore software issues (e.g., issues in scientific computing)
- Construction and validation challenges of specific modeling paradigm such as mapReduce and openMP
The SAC Technical Track on Multicore Software Engineering, Performance, Applications and Tools has grown out of the successful series of IWMSE and PADTAD workshops, and merges these two communities into a single and broader forum.
Previous MUSEPAT Conferences:
Previous IWMSE Workshops:
- IWMSE 2011 - Honolulu, USA
- IWMSE 2010 - Cape Town, South Africa
- IWMSE 2009 - Vancouver, Canada
- IWMSE 2008 - Leipzig, Germany
Previous PADTAD Workshops: