Faculty of Science
Tel. +1 905-721-8668 x email@example.com (public key)
2000 Simcoe Street North,
L1H 7K4 Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.|
Oshawa North campus, UA 4042.
My research is focused on the application of dynamical systems theory to
complex phenomena and high-dimensional chaos.
I am working on
- periodic and connecting orbits embedded in turbulence
- sub critical transitions to turbulence
- complex dynamics in mean-field models of the cortex
- bifurcation theory
- several other weakly interacting projects.
The Canadian Mathematical Society (CMS) Winter Meeting in Montreal.
The workshop on Computational Proofs for Dynamics in PDEs at the Lorentz Center in Leiden in June 2016.
Other hats I wear are Graduate Program Director of the Modelling and Computational Science program and
co-organiser of the Thematic Program on Multiscale Scientific Computing: from Quantum Physics and Chemistry to
Material Science and Fluid Mechanics at the Fields Institute in 2016.
In the 2015-2016 academic year I am teaching
Computational Science II (4020U)
Partial Differential Equations (4050U)
High performance computing (6030G).
MSc & PhD openings
If you are interested in working on one of these projects
please apply to our Modelling and Computational Science program, or email me.
I have two openings starting January.
Some details are in this DSWeb posting.
- Barring visa trouble, Mehdi Samadieh will join my group on a Trillium Scholarship this winter from the Isfahan Mathematics House.
- Kevin Green defended his PhD. thesis in July. He is now a postdoc in Saskatoon with Ray Spiteri.
- Behzad Nikzad defended his MSc. thesis in July.
- I am back from sabbatical, which I spent mostly in Osaka thanks to a JSPS Long-term Invitation Felowship.