E. Bradley Easton
UOIT Research Excellence Chair in Electrochemical Energy Materials
Professor of Chemistry
PhD (Memorial University of Newfoundland)
- materials chemistry
- fuel cells
- breath alcohol sensors
- electrochromic films
- carbon surface chemistry
- hydrogen production
- August 2018: The Eastonlab bids farewell to Jade who departs for UBC.
- June 2018: Prof. Easton is named one the inaugural recipients of a UOIT Research Excellence Chair.
- April 2018: New funding for university’s Surface Characterization Laboratory
- March 2018: Congratulations to Jade Poisson for wiining top prize for her talk in the Inorganic/Materials Science section at SOUSCC 2018.
- March 2018: The Easton lab welcome Paolo Piavano, a visiting MSc student from Politecnico di Torinio (Italy).
- September 2017: The Easton lab welcomes new 2 team members - Mason and Jade.
- August 2017: The Easton lab bids fond farewell to Dr. Jesse Allan, who started a new job in industry.
- May 2017: The Eastonlab bids fond farewell to Becky and Lukas, 2 visiting students from Cardiff University.
- April 2017: Congratulations to Chris Odetola for sucessfully defending his PhD thesis.
- January 2017: The Easton lab welcomes 5 new teams members: Reza M., Reza A., Peter, Richard, and Holly
- November 2016: The Easton lab hosted the ECS Canadian Section Fall Symposoum at UOIT.
- June 2016: Prof. Easton and the research in our lab has been profiled in the news recently, see here and here.
- May 2016: The Easton group welcomes Valerie Bartlett and Holly Fruehwald as a new undergraduate research assisants for summer 2016.
- May 2016: Congratulations to Mohammadreza Ghavidel for sucessfully defending his PhD thesis.
- April 2016: Congratulations to Jesse Allan for sucessfully defending his PhD thesis.
- March 2016: New NSERC funding for the Easton lab. Details here.
- October 2015: The Easton lab bids farewell to Dr. Zishan Zheng. Dr. Zheng spent 1 year in our lab as a visiting scholar and has now returned to Minan Normal University (China).
- August 2015: The Easton lab is on Instagram. Follow us @EastonLab
- Accepting Graduate Students: I currently have openings for highly qualified graduate students starting September 2019 in the MSc. and PhD Materials Science programs (Materials Chemistry specialization). The research projects involve the preparation and characterization of new materials for fuel cell systems. Stipends will be competitive with those offered at other Canadian Universities. Interested students are invited to contact me directly.