Faculty of Science
Tel. +1 905-721-8668 x email@example.com (public key)
2000 Simcoe Street North,
L1H 7K4 Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.|
Oshawa North campus, UA 4042.
My research is focused on the application of dynamical systems theory to
complex phenomena and high-dimensional chaos.
I am working on
- periodic and connecting orbits embedded in (LES of) turbulence
- sub critical transitions to turbulence
- complex dynamics in models of the cortex and other physiological systems
- bifurcation theory
- several other weakly interacting projects.
The theme program on Topological and Rigorous Computational Methods for High Dimensional Dynamics in Montreal in April.
The SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems in Snowbird, Utah, in May.
Other hats I wear are
- Graduate Program Director of the Modelling and Computational Science program,
- specialist Editor for Computer Physics Communications,
- co-organiser of the Scientific Computing Across Scales: Extreme Events and Criticality in Fluid Mechanics at the Fields Institute in April and
- co-organiser of SONAD 2019 with Greg Lewis and Azar Shakoori.
In the 2018-2019 academic year I am teaching
- Computational Science I,
- Numerical Methods for PDEs and
- High Performance Computing.
MSc & PhD openings
If you are interested in working on one of these projects
please apply to our Modelling and Computational Science program, or email me.
I will have new openings starting September 2019 and January 2020.
- NSERC will be funding a joint project with Klick Health through the Engage program. Math and Software Engineering graduate Jacob Morra is set to get the ball rolling in April.
- SONAD 2019 will be organised at UOIT by Greg Lewis, Azar Shakoori and myself. The date is May 3rd. Email us if you are interested in participating.
- Chris Chow was awarded an OGS scholarship for 2019-2020. Congratulations!
- Recent graduate Eryn Frawley just accepted a job as Pension Analyst at a HR services and technology company in Toronto. Congratulations!
- I will once again join the Madrid Turbulence Conference in June to work with Alberto Vela-Martín, Genta Kawahara and Susumu Goto on the decomposition of turbulent dynamics.