Faculty of Science
Tel. +1 905-721-8668 x firstname.lastname@example.org (public key)
2000 Simcoe Street North,
L1H 7K4 Oshawa, Ontario, Canada.|
Oshawa North campus, UA 4042.
My research is focused on the application of dynamical systems theory to
complex phenomena and high-dimensional chaos.
I am working on
- periodic and connecting orbits embedded in (LES of) turbulence
- sub critical transitions to turbulence
- complex dynamics in models of the cortex and other physiological systems
- bifurcation theory
- several other weakly interacting projects.
The annual CAIMS meeting in June in Toronto.
The European Fluid Mechanics Conference in Vienna in September.
The theme program on Topological and Rigorous Computational Methods for High Dimensional Dynamics in Montreal in April 2019.
In the 2018-2019 academic year I am teaching
Computational Science I
Numerical Methods for PDEs
High Performance Computing.
MSc & PhD openings
- Christopher Chow defended his MSc. thesis at Ryerson and is set to join the MCSC program to work with Hendrick de Haan and myself this September.
- Laura Green finished her BSc. at McMaster and will work with us in June/July for a summer project on multistability in EEG models.
- Eryn Frawley represented UOIT at the 3MT Ontario competition.
- Adris Haidari completed his honours thesis on Explicit Suspensions of Nonlinear Maps in April.