Former and current students
- Christopher Chow (2018-present, with Hendrick de Haan)
Dynamics and scaling laws.
- Kevin Green (2011-2015)
Bifurcation and pattern formation in mean field models of the cortex.
Last known coordinates: Global Institute for Water Security, Saskatoon.
- Ivanky Saputra (2005-2008, with Reinout Quispel)
Semi-global analysis of Lotka-Volterra systems with constant terms.
Now professor of applied mathematics at the Universitas Pelita Harapan in Indonesia. See Ivanky's home page.
- Celina Desbiens (2018-present, with Daniel Hoornweg)
Modelling of aggregation
- Wenyue Yang (2016-2018)
A meta-bifurcation analysis of models of cardiac dynamics.
- Eryn Frawley (2016-2018)
Modelling animal aggregation in two spatial dimensions.
- Behzad Nikzad (2013-2015)
Codimension two points in a model of shear flow.
Now Lead Data Scientist, ML Gap, Toronto.
- Mitchell Kovacic (2011-2013, with Luciano Buono)
Matrix-free continuation for nonlocal hyperbolic PDEs modelling animal aggregation.
Mitchell recently finished his PhD at Simon Fraser University.
- Alex Dubitski (2009-2011, with Dhavide Aruliah)
A parallel method for pseudo-arclength continuation.
Last known coordinates: DevOps Project Lead, RBC, Toronto.
- Loukia Tsakanikas (2008-2012)
Normal form analysis of a mean-field inhibitory neuron model.
Now Project Leader, Association des Cités du Secours Catholique.
Thesis and summer projects
- Laura Green (2018)
Multistability and 1/f noise in a neural mass model.
Now grad student at New York University.
- Adris Haidari (2017-2018)
Explicit suspensions of nonlinear maps.
- Brendon Fernando (2015-2016)
Piecewise quadrature for computing convoultions.
- Eva Kasanda (2016)
Bifurcation analysis of the Fenton-Karma model of cardiac dynamics. Now grad student in Guelph.
- Diem Tran (2012-2013)
Bifurcations in a model of cloud formation.
- Patrick Kwong MD (2009)
Analysis of a single-population neural mass model.
Former and current postdocs and visitors
- Driss Yakoubi (2016)
Green's function-based time-stepping for nonlinear initial-boundary value problems.
Driss was affiliated with the Fields Thematic Program on Multiscale Scientific Computing.
- Nicolas Périnet (2011-2012, with Greg Lewis)
Primary and secondary transitions in the differentially heated, rotating annulus.
Last known coordinates: postdoc at the Faculty of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, University of Chile.
- Tatsuya Yasuda (2012, PhD, visited from Osaka University)
Periodic orbits in homogeneous isotropic turbulence.
Last known coordinates: postdoc at the Nagoya Institute of Technology.
MSc & PhD openings
- Celina Desbiens joined the program last September to work with Dr. Hoornweg and myself on Modelling Smart Cities.
- Christopher Chow defended his MSc. thesis at Ryerson and has joined the MCSC program to work with Hendrick de Haan and myself last September.
- Laura Green finished her BSc. at McMaster and worked with us in June/July for a summer project on multistability in EEG models.
- Eryn Frawley and Wenyue Yang successfully defended their MSc thesis last August. We will miss them!